The Relationshp between Government and Sport
In most countries, sport is an important area for govenment and is often linked to youth. Indeed, it may be a means of encouraging young pople to becoame involved in healthy social activities; promoting health, fostering the educational progress and personal deelopment of athletes and sport players of all ages; focusing on cultural and social values;achieving prestige nationally and internationally; highlighting the concepts of excellence and fair play; and stimulating international exchanges.
Government is important to sport because it can:
- finance sport and provide facilities and service;
- train sport leaders, coaches and teaches;
- help ensure adequate training systems and services for athletes;
- help organize competitions, courses, fund raising;
- help promote spectator involvement;
- provide support, both administrative and financial, for sport medicince, science and safety;
- develop school sport programmes;
- provide access to its infrastructure and thus make available opportunties for sport development through governemnt agencies or departments, such as the Military, Health and Welfare, Tourism, Sport, Education and Youth.
The support given by the public authorities and the technical and financial resources provided for sport development can vary widel depending on the political choices, level of development and priorties in different countries. However, since governments often play a key role in the development of sport, this requires good cooperation between public authorties and sport organizations. This is why the Olympic Movement hopes for and encourages harmonious collaboration between sport organisation and public authorities.
A healthy relationship between govenment and sport organisation include:
- frequent communication between officials;
- mutual respect;
- clarifcation of roles and responstibilities of each in the development of sport;
- financial support form government;
- sport organisation financially and technically responsible and accountable;
- need of both govenment and sport organisations mutually respected and met.
*** Sport Administration Manual ***
Excellent post! We are linking to this great article on our website. Keep up the great writing. Fifine Terry Pinette
Thank you for sharing your info. I truly appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting for your further post thanks once again. Starr Carmine Nahamas
It is not my first time to go to see this website, i am browsing this site dailly and get good data from here all the time. Jermaine Angeli Tremml
I pay a quick visit each day some web pages and information sites to read posts, however this website presents feature based posts. Jody Garald Adrea
Touche. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the great spirit. Loreen Reggy Swinton
Hello. This article was extremely remarkable, especially because I was looking for thoughts on this subject last Thursday. Morna Delmore Pauwles
Wow, this post is fastidious, my younger sister is analyzing such things, therefore I am going to inform her. Diannne Guss Rosemarie
I truly appreciate this blog article. Keep writing. Collen Eal Chancey